Tuesday 28 May 2013

DIY: Handmade sugar scrub


This is a really simple DIY for a handmade sugar scrub that you can make with everyday household ingredients.

Ingredients:
500g granulated sugar, olive oil, few drops of fragranced essential oil, dried herb (I used dried thyme but you can use anything you fancy).

Method:
- Pour sugar into a big bowl or saucepan.

- Mix in the olive oil. It is up to you how much oil you use. I use enough to soak the sugar but not too much that it's really runny. You still want quite a stiff consistency.

- Add the essential oil (you can use any fragrance you like) and the dried herbs.

Instructions:
- Rub & massage a tsp of the scrub into your hands.

- Rinse with warm water. Use soap or lemon juice to take the oil off.

- Pat dry and enjoy your super soft hands!

I leave mine by the kitchen sink so I can have it at hand whenever I like!

No comments:

Post a Comment