Monday 13 January 2014

The year in review (2013) Part II

The year in review (2013) Part I HERE

JULY
- We had the hottest summer ever that I can remember. We spent so much time outside. I will always remember this year for how the sun shone most days this season. It was just glorious.

AUGUST
- This month we had our annual community camping weekend away with our church family. Always a fun time had. 
- My nephew got dedicated.
- After doing the anxiety course I decided to go further with some counselling & it was the best decision I've ever made in order to find some peace & healing. It has changed my life & lots of prayer came with it too which was really refreshing. God spoke to me so directly in this time & since I have dealt with so much stuff, His voice is so much more clear to me now.



SEPTEMBER
I turned twenty four & I felt very loved by so many people.
- We went away with some friends for the weekend for a 60th birthday party & had a fancy dress medieval feast. There were about 30 of us & we hired out a whole youth hostel. One of those weekends when you think 'did we really do that?'. Sign of a good time I think!
- A few good National Trust trips too!



OCTOBER
- We visited The Harry Potter Studio Tour for our nephew's 7th birthday. SO GOOD!
- We saw Johnny Flynn for my birthday treat & I surprised Sam with tickets to see a Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash & Buddy Holly tribute act.

NOVEMBER
I talked a little about my anxiety
- We had a really perfect weeks getaway to Yorkshire & a day in The Lake District. We've travelled a lot, to all sorts of places around the world & this was one of our favourite holidays. Maybe because I'd finished my counselling & was in such a good place. We had so many dreams to look forward to & just felt so alive in life at this point. God surely knows us best.
- We also visited our friends down in Peckham, London & had a wonderful much needed catch up with them.




DECEMBER
- The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug! Awaited this all year!
- I had my christmas craft fair mid December & it was a GREAT success. Hopefully a few more this new year,
- Went to see 'The Bootleg Beatles' before Christmas & they were incredible.
- Christmas was magnificent!

No comments:

Post a Comment