Wednesday 25 June 2014

Celebrating three years...


“..I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.” 

I feel everyday that I am learning new things about Sam, figuring out what he's about, who he is, what he stands for. He has an incredible knowledge for almost anything, he soaks up information like no one I have ever known, he has he own type of creativity and experimental nature, his sense of humour is the best, his crazy high pitched laugh that he does on occasion is a joy to my ears, his desire to love people & see the best make me want to be more like him, his willingness to serve is inspiring, his heart for God makes my heart explode with pride. 
I often have moments where I'm like "wow, this is the person I chose to live my whole life with". It's funny to look back at my immature, younger self and remember when I first started dating Sam at the age of 16 (my first boyfriend) not even thinking of 'forever'. How lucky did I get?! We have been together for nearly 8 years and I still feel like I'm getting to know him.

I feel even when we're old and grey I will still be discovering things about him. Everyday I am learning -  I think that is one of the most beautiful things about marriage. It's made me a better person, a better partner.

Thank you Sam for making me better, for standing with me in all circumstances, for fighting with me & making up afterwards, for loving me through my stubbornness and minor tantrums, for making me laugh the hardest, for sharing my pain but also my joy. You are my person. My one. I love you so much! This life we are living together gets better & better all the time! Happy 3rd Anniversary! 



No comments:

Post a Comment